Needs Assessment Materials
- How to Get Started
- Tribal Council Resolution Fill-In Form
- Sample of Tribal Council Resolution
- Interviewers Guide
Please read before administering the surveys
- Consent Form
Please read this aloud to the interviewee
- Survey Instrument
Call (800) 896-7628 or email us at email@example.com to have the surveys mailed out to you.
- Comparison Sheet
- Templates of how to use the data (also available in Word )
- How to Conduct and Use the Native Elder Needs
A slide presentation developed for training sessions at Scottsdale, AZ, and Reno, NV
Please email us to let us know how you are using your needs assessment results. Maybe your idea can inspire someone else to find a new funding source!
Face-to-face visits are highly recommended!
- During a transport
- At a meal-on-wheels visit
- Have other young/able-bodied Native Elders make the visit
- High School or college students can be asked to volunteer
- Combine with a home health visit
- Tribal employees taking a day to conduct interviews in the community
Token of Appreciation
Ideas for what you can give the Elders to thank them for their time.
- Wild rice or other traditional food or gifts
- Casino/other coupons
- A chance to bring other helpful items (one tribe connected their visits with safety visits to fix/install smoke alarms)
- A meal
- Your time and conversation
- Other health promotion/prevention incentives, like pedometers, can openers for those with arthritis, etc.