- How to Get Started
- Tribal Council Resolution Fill-In Form
- Sample of Tribal Council Resolution
- Interviewers Guide — Please read before administering the surveys.
- Consent Form — Please read this aloud to the interviewee.
- Survey Instrument — Call (800) 896-7628 or email us at email@example.com to have the surveys mailed out to you.
- Comparison Sheet
- Templates of how to use the data (also available in Word)
- How to Conduct and Use the Native Elder Needs Assessment — A slide presentation developed for training sessions at Scottsdale, AZ, and Reno, NV..
Please e-mail us to let us know how you are using your needs assessment results. Maybe your idea can inspire someone else to find a new funding source!
Surveying Ideas (Face-to-face visits are highly recommended):
- During a transport
- At a meal-on-wheels visit
- Have other young/able-bodied native elders make the visit
- High School or college students can be asked to volunteer
- Combine with a home health visit
- Tribal employees taking a day to conduct interviews in the community
Ideas for what you can give the elders to thank them for taking the time:
- Wild rice or other traditional food or gifts
- Casino/other coupons
- A chance to bring other helpful items (one tribe connected their visits with safety visits to fix/install smoke alarms)
- A meal
- Your time and conversation
- Other health promotion/prevention incentives, like pedometers, can openers for those with arthritis, etc.
For more information about the needs assessment, please contact Paula Carter by calling (800) 896-7239 or (701) 777-3720.