Needs Assessment Materials
- Title VI Needs Assessment Manual
- Tribal Council Resolution Fill-In Form
- Sample of Tribal Council Resolution
- Consent Form
Please read this aloud to the interviewee
- Comparison Sheet
- Templates of how to use the data (also available in Word )
- Title VI Technical Assistance
Please email us to let us know how you are using your needs assessment results. Maybe your idea can inspire someone else to find a new funding source!
Face-to-face visits are highly recommended!
- During a transport
- At a meal-on-wheels visit
- Have other young/able-bodied Native Elders make the visit
- High School or college students can be asked to volunteer
- Combine with a home health visit
- Tribal employees taking a day to conduct interviews in the community
Token of Appreciation
Ideas for what you can give the Elders to thank them for their time.
- Wild rice or other traditional food or gifts
- Casino/other coupons
- A chance to bring other helpful items (one tribe connected their visits with safety visits to fix/install smoke alarms)
- A meal
- Your time and conversation
- Other health promotion/prevention incentives, like pedometers, can openers for those with arthritis, etc.